EJM Group has been an active member in the Survey & Civil industry and is held in high esteem by it’s many high profile clients. The Foundation for success in the Survey and Civil industry lies in accuracy, with that we use state of the art equipment, GPS and total station equipment.
EJM Group’s objective is to deliver optimal cost effective solutions that fulfill the clients specifications and requirements expeditiously, and with complete legitimacy.
- Underground Detecting Survey
- 3D Scanning
- Mine & Civil Survey
- ABOUT US
EJM Group (Pty) Ltd Strives to be a leader and preferred supplier to the Manufacturing, Mining, Construction and Transport industries in South Africa offering Dover Psychomotor Testing. EJM Group (Pty) Ltd aims to add value by assisting clients with assessing test candidates’ abilities while respecting and complimenting each person’s individual personalities, allowing companies to place individuals appropriately as well as assisting with skills development programs. We take great pride in being able to be a part of a growing fragment of mental fitness and readiness for client and the candidate, giving both an elaborate way forward to bring out the best out of each candidate for the benefit of the company, those who are in proximity with those candidates in relation to their environment psychologically
MISSION – Our mission as EJM Group (Pty) Ltd is to assess as well as offer a cushion of support with the apprehension in the instance of Computer Based Tests.
– It is important to us that all candidates feel at ease and are able to go through the assessment having been fully informed about what to expect and allowing them to independently partake in the assessment. We aim to do this by destigmatising the testing process bringing comfort to the candidate as well as the companies from which they have been deployed.
– Additionally, we aim to do the following:
o To comply with all statutory, regulatory and client requirements of the environments in which we operate
o To consistently remain profitable and keep up with the trends in the South African economic environment allowing for maximum returns
o To add value throughout our service chain offering professional, accurate, cost effective and time-sensitive solutions that meet, and where possible, exceed our clients’ targets
o To, where possible, make use of the most sophisticated technology available
o To conduct ourselves ethically and professionally always
o To be a leader in a highly competitive market
o To develop the potential of our employees through targeted skills development initiatives as well as on the job training
o To prioritise the Health and Safety of our employees and persons affected by our activities as well as the environment in which we operate
Scope of Work
We have a qualified, experienced and multi discipline team that integrate their expertise and exceptional knowledge in the following aspects:
- CIVIL & MINING SURVEY
- 3D SCANNING
- GPR / RFL UNDERGROUND DETECTION SCANNING
- SPECIALIZED CIVIL WORKS
- PUnderground & Open Cast survey
- PUnderground & Open Cast sampling
- PUnderground & Open Cast Mine planning
- PAssisting with: Water handling, Water mining & Water storing
- PMine closure Planning
- PUnderground survey
- PSurface surveys
- PUnderground check surveys
- PSurfaces check surveys
- PSurvey and measurements of pre-closure
- PSurvey and measurements of post-closure
- PPre-survey of rehabilitation
- PPost-survey of rehabilitation
- PVolumetric survey
- PTopographical survey
- PShaft sinking survey
- PLegal mine survey responsibility
- PEarthworks, Concrete works, Road works
- P3D Scanning
- HIGH-SPEED 3D LASER SCANNING
- PReliable field workflow suitable for all users
- PIntuitive Trimble Perspective software to operate, manage, view and validate scan data.
- PFast image capture with Trimble®VISIONTM technology
- PCompact and lightweight for easy transport and mobility
- PBreakthrough innovations for reliable data collection
- PNew Trimble X-Drive deflection system enables automatic calibration to ensure accuracy on every scan with no downtime for calibration service
- PUnique Trimble Registration Assist for automatic registration, refinement, and reports to leave the site with confidence
- PAutomated survey grade self-leveling
- PReliable IP55 rating
- PHigh sensitivity time-of-flight EDM to effectively capture dark and reflective surfaces
- PFlexible operation with tablet or one-button workflow
- PCompatible with most CAD Software
- GPR / RFL UNDERGROUND DETECTION SCANNING
Underground detection using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) & Radio Frequency Location (RFL) and Global Positioning System (GPS) data will give you the ability to utilise existing underground services within a project. Underground surveys can also reduce the risk of damage by construction workers due to the unknown location of buried pipes. With minimal disruption our on-site surveyor can get you fast, reliable survey finding from almost any project setting.
Surveying with the very latest technology we can trace underground utilities in real-time, showing lines of manhole runs, electric, gas, cable TV and water pipes, all with depth, size, type, configuration as well as precise location within your project area. We have two types of equipment
RADIO FREQUENCY LOCATION – RD 8100
Metal structures are conductors and generate a magnetic field as the current flows through them.
This field can be used for underground detection; by sweeping the RFL receiver over the project area, a detailed digitised image is formed. This equipment can also emit a signal to locate metallic structures such as drainage routes and cables. The survey will provide you with a comprehensive digital representation of all the underground utilities that is clear, concise and highly accurate.
Services can be marked out on-site and accurately plotted onto drawings giving clients the confidence to proceed with a project without any hidden horrors. Our experienced and highly skilled surveyors use the state-of-the-art equipment with multi-directional scanning to trace underground services, ensuring the best results possible.
GROUND PENETRATING RADAR – RD 1100
A signal is generated by a transmitter and directed downwards through the substrate. As the signal reflects of subterranean structures and features such as pipes and cables, the difference in reflection is detected by a receiver and recorded as a digitised image. This non-invasive technique is excellent for detecting underground utilities, rebar, voids, pavement/wall thickness, tanks, clay and plastic pipes. The advantage being that these are visualised on-site giving real-time findings.
EXAMPLES OF GPR & RFL UNDERGROUND DETECTION AND THEIR USES
- PPinpoint position of underground utilities
- PIdentification of underground services
- PMapping subterranean pipelines and tunnels
- PAccurate dephs of underground services
- PPavement imaging
- PPre-drilling/digging analysis
- PDetection of storage tanks and void
- SPECIALIZED CIVILS
Specialised Repair and Protection of Concrete Elements: Assess any reinforced concrete structure in terms of visible defects and compile a rehabilitation plan and cost proposal with defects related to:
- PCrack Repairs
- PConcrete Spalling and rebar replacement
- PStructural strengthening by means of carbon fibre laminates or steel plates
- PJoint sealing (Façade, surface beds and water retaining structures)
- PFloor joint repairs
- PPlinths and Foundations
- PWaterproofing (Cement based, bitumen based, epoxy based and polyurethane)
- PProtection of concrete surfaces
- PGrouting (Cement based and epoxy based)
- PApplication of floor coatings (epoxy and polyurethane)
- PConstruction of concrete structures
- PConcrete and Grout Pumping
- PTrenching/small earth works
- THE DOVER / VIENNA TESTING SYSTEM
The Dover Test © is internationally used as an effective tool to identify operators with good, average or weak skills in 5 skill areas which are essential for the safe, productive and economical use of equipment. These are:
LS (aka DT) test – This test measures identification and reaction to multiple external stimuli. Eye- hand-foot co-ordination and reaction time are variables.
SHAPES (aka COG) test – This test assesses shape recognition and attention.
SQ (aka SIG) test – This test measures concentration in routine conditions and visual field difficulties can be assessed.
COORD (aka 2HAND) – This test measures the ability to co-ordinate movement and determine practical learning ability through speed accuracy variables.
MOV (aka ZBA) – This test assesses the ability to estimate speeds and direction of moving objects.
The testing system is Culture fair and prior computer experience is not required. Should the candidate need assistance with Language, we are able to assist them in 5 different African languages, namely: English, Afrikaans, isiZulu, Sotho and IsiXhosa EJM Group (Pty) Ltd will provide our clients with a report detailing the skills level of each candidate in all the respective tests along with and overall skill score, allowing for the identification of problematic areas which can be addressed through training such as Rehacom or in-house programs. All reports are signed off by a registered Psychometrist and is valid for a year from date of test.
We have a qualified, experienced and multi – discipline team that integrate their expertise and exceptional knowledge in the following survey aspects:
Our Client Base
We are happy to answer any questions you have or provide you with an estimate. Simply send us a message in the form below:
082 371 6584
063 694 4740
079 887 1002